Monday, October 15, 2012

Valda and Ron



One day a Carer on my team came in to see me in the office with a recycled paper shopping bag in her hand. She stood by my desk and advised me she had a present for me - it was Ok she hadn't paid a lot of money, it was from the Op shop and she thought I would be the perfect person for what was in the bag. She had a twinkle in her eye as she said all this to me.

I was a little embarassed by her gesture but also very intrigued. Two items were wrapped in newspaper in the bag. As I unwrapped each I was met with two dolls - one an older woman and the second an older man - I found them stunning and was overcome with her gesture.

We talked together discussing their possible history. Where had they been before being taken to the Op shop and why had they ended up there.  Surely they had been loved and cared for prior ...????

This is their story as it then unfolded when I took them to my home in the country

No comments:

Post a Comment